YOU TACKLE FOR QUALITY AND GREAT SERVICE. THIS WILL IMPROVE THE LIFE OF OUR CUSTOMERS.
Would you like to become part of the world’s most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
DHL Express is seeking for a ACS/ Cargo Regional Revenue Management & Pricing Director, International Americas.
The DHL Air Capacity Sales key objective is to maximise revenue opportunity through the sales of a range of air cargo products using available air capacity & infrastructure, which complement and enhance the DHL core service offerings. These products are typically sold to Freight Forwarding and Airline industries. The success of ACS is dependent upon the efficient exploitation of opportunities. The ability to react to changes and developments in a pragmatic and flexible manner will determine the level of performance. The Regional Revenue Management & Pricing Director will be part of the Global Revenue Management department with the objective to maximize the Revenue per available M³ through selling the right product, to the right customer, at the right time, at the right price consistently.
The preferred locations for this role are Fort Lauderdale or PTY, however other locations are possible.
- Implement the Network Pricing Strategy set by the Global Revenue Management group and monitor its execution by the sales organization at regional level
- Ensure consistent business approach across all markets while taking into consideration individual market specifics
- Prepare and submit for validation Minimum Selling Rates. Ensure their implementation in the region
- Set and validate the pricing levels for non-structural/Ad-hoc business
- Create and maintain published tariffs, fees schedules, and pricing terms and conditions
- Review all negotiated contract pricing requests (BSA’s, lane sector agreements, discount tariffs) validating rates, terms, and volume commitments
- Ensure rate homogeneity and consistency around the region and avoid cross border selling issues
- Elaborate Medium Sales Plan – Propose and implement rate increase in case of need (capacity reduction, change of trend,…) and/or promotional rates when needed in order to maximize capacity utilization during low season
- Maximize the Net contribution by ensuring the close monitoring of the costs involved in transporting cargo in his region and make sure all rates are covering these variable costs
- Reduce the Gap-To-Market – Understand the market, economic & competitive market conditions and guide the regional sales team to take appropriate decisions
- Lead regional RFQs
- Sales Steering
- Monitor & analyse market information (market intelligence tools & internal info) and direct opportunities to regional sales
- Optimize the Network Dynamics – Analyse the traffic flows and the flight trend in order to maximize revenues. Ensure ACS sells the right flows on the various O&Ds and at the right price, in order to maximize the Network Contribution.
- Monitor capacity utilization from her/his region and constantly interact with Regional Sales to guide their actions: steer the demand on open sector & maximize the revenues on constrained routes
- Provide tools, reports & overall support to Regional Management to develop marketing and business strategies, priorities, and plans
- Drive the process for responding efficiently to pricing requests for country Key Account customers, including best-in-class analytics to maximize margins and yield
- Allocation Planning & Capacity setting Process
- Lead the Seasonal Allocation Process in her/his region, ensuring timely & qualitative submission from its region. Act as the main point of contact with the central Revenue Management teams
- Periodically review allocation performance and ensure corrective actions are in place where needed
- Provide the Capacity Management team with traffic mix (origin destination) / overbooking levels / product mix (service and product allocations) on constrained flights
- Work with Network Planning and other forecast improvement resources to improve forecast accuracy
- Conduct regular reviews of customer profitability using Revenue/Contribution per m3
- Work with Network Planning, Hubs & Gateways, and ACS operations to review and improve density
- Revenue Optimization Initiatives
- Lead the regional deployment of Revenue management continuous improvement initiatives
- Create, enhance and automate pricing tools, reports and dashboards
- Work side by side with Sales, and Operations in the development of value added products and services
- Coordinate the automation/ semi-automation process of reports in ownership with support of BSG/BI
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum 7 years’ in Aviation/Cargo industry in related area of responsibility
- University degree or equivalent. College degree in a quantitative field (Ops Research, Economics, Math & Statistics) or Business discipline, with strong quantitative skills. Advanced degree preferred
- Attention to detail, strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Understand the business principles of Revenue Management; including the fundamentals of finance & profitability
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills to be able to deal with people across different functions and seniority levels
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, with the ability to persuade others in developing a shared solution
- Ability to think laterally, come up with innovative solutions and challenge the ideas of others.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Results driven
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Access, Excel, VBA / experiences with the creation and manipulation of Access databases
- Fluent in English and preferably a native language from the region
- A team player.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Strong career support in an international environment
- Multifarious benefit program
- Access to comprehensive learning programs
BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM
If you are looking to further your career at the global market leader in Express logistics and are keen to be part of an organisation whose focus is to connect people and improve lives, we are interested to hear from you. Apply now – We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Air Cargo Latin America – Empleos