Requisition: ID 2021-15965 – Business Area: Maritime – Category/Discipline: Management -Posting Position Type: Permanent Employee
Local Unit & Position Description
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to further strengthen DNV’s position in the South America Market, ensuring continued high value services to our customers, ascending profitability and a growing market share.
The Area Manager is responsible for managing their respective Area to ensure the future success of DNV Maritime South America’s high-end integrated services within the marine and offshore segments, with operational offices in Brazil, Chile, and Argentina.
We have been involved in the majority of the high-profile and technically demanding projects in Brazil, providing Classification and Advisory services towards Vessel IOCs/NOCs, Vessel Owners , FPSO operators, Drilling Contractors, Designers, Yards, and Manufacturers. We provide our customers with a range of Classification, Statutory and Advisory services, which include Plan Approval, New Building Surveys, Certification of Materials and Components & Fleet in Service.
The position will report directly to the Maritime Americas Regional Manager, and the successful candidate will be an integral part of the Regional Management Team. The role will require close co-operation with other Area Managers, Regional support functions with cross Business Area Collaboration being a key success element. This position will be based in our Rio de Janeiro office.
Tasks May Include: (Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Lead and Manage full scale operation of DNV Maritime South America.
- Drive DNV strategy and create supportive tactical plans and initiatives.
- Promote, support and facilitate the fulfilment of DNV’s Purpose, Vision and Values, and shall foster a culture of cooperation within own operational and other units.
- Arrange for regular management team and unit meetings as necessary to fulfil the needs for unit development, cooperation and communication.
- Execute and monitor leadership and ensure HSE management, including follow up and improvement of HSE activities.
- Ensure that annual HSE review is performed, and safety, health and environmental requirements are enforced.
- Plan and follow-up on the quality improvement work within the operation.
- Monitor and ensure that the required competence and capacity is available to conduct the unit operations effectively.
- Plan, coordinate, support, follow-up and improve the marketing and sales activities.
- Serve as Key Account Manager for selected large customers.
- Lead and participate in Key Account Management and marketing/sales activity in own area, proactively involving other DNV units and resources as necessary.
- Cooperate with Business Development Manager to monitor own area for potential new customers, continuous market development for DNVs products and services, customer needs and expectations, competitor actions and price levels, threats and opportunities.
- Provide oversight and support to leadership and HR management on HR related topics.
- Develop local talents and build succession; coaching of managers and ensure motivation and satisfaction of employees in the area.
- Ensure that the DNV Code of Conduct is understood and accepted by all direct reports.
- Establish and improve the financial performance of the unit to ensure long term and sustainable operations.
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring accurate budgeting, accounting and financial reporting.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with legal requirements as defined by DNV and local legislation.
- Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- Relevant managerial and business experience as manager of comparable unit with proven results.
- 5 years of operational experience with P/L responsibility with technical background.
- Commercial, structured, strategic and solution-oriented growth mind-set and a pragmatic approach.
- Ability to build trust, confidence and respect with both clients and own employees.
- Professional and credible presence for presentations to senior level management of customers and employees.
- Be able to see the overall picture, cooperate across borders and share knowledge.
- Able to work in a focused and decisive manner by taking ownership of the collective business in the Area.
- Have a sense of urgency in all major activities and decisions.
- Be self-motivated and result oriented.
- Excellent communication skills with strong command of the English language and with ability to build trust across different nationalities.
- Good Maritime industry knowledge.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
- Applicant must be fluent in English (oral and written) and possess excellent communication skills.
Preferred Skills (Not Required):
- Ability to speak, understand and write in Portuguese and Spanish.
- Strong understanding and background in working in a multicultural organization.
- Strong understanding of South America’s Shipping as well as Oil & Gas markets.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Air Cargo Latin America – Empleos