LOCATIONS: Mexico City – Buenos Aires – Sao Paulo – Monterrey – Bogota
The Manager, Latin America Transportation is an integral member of the Rockwell Logistics Teams and is responsible for directing the day-to-day execution of transportation functions meeting company and customer needs. This role will also have responsibility for ensuring the monthly financial performance is met and variances identified and addressed. In addition, the selected individual will lead compliance to all existing processes, continuous improvement opportunities, and alignment with Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Materials, Customer Care, etc. to ensure transportation needs are met and improved on. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Develop and manage International and Domestic trade lanes performance.
- Ensure lanes are cost competitive and compliant with international regulations as well as Rockwell transportation guidelines and recommendations.
- Oversee relationships with Logistics Service Providers.
- Solicit, initiate and/or lead RFI’s/RFQ’s with Carriers or Forwarders.
- Lead QBR’s internally and externally to review service performance.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives with business partners by collaborating and aligning with external and internal stakeholders.
- Identify operational inefficiencies and recommend improvements delivering cost savings and/or service improvements.
- Responsible to lead the day-to-day execution of all tactical and transactional functions for the Rockwell Transportation team. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Routing Guide Adherence
- Scheduling of Inbound and Outbound Shipments
- Transit Time Reporting and Adjustments
- Cost Performance and Casual Reporting
- Tracking of savings opportunities/Productivity
- Lead and develop a high-performing, cross-functional team.
- Provide leadership and coaching to other team members.
- Work with team for proactive communication on shipment performance.
- Serve as escalation point for day-to-day operational issues and drive resolution
- Ensure all day-to-day functions are Operating with Excellence, by monitoring daily performance
- Represent Transportation on cross-functional projects or work-streams in which changes, improvements, or upgrades are needed to the daily processes to support new business requirements. Manager will also be responsible for implementing these changes.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support supply chain decision-making by senior management
- Lead multiple initiatives/projects simultaneously with many stakeholders
- Ability to Multi-task
- Serve as Working Manager and dive-in to problems and opportunities.
- Succeed in dealing with dynamic and fluid business needs while ensuring Customer Service is maintained.
- Communicate and work both upward and downward across all levels and functions of the Supply Chain.
- Ten years’ experience in the Transportation Industry with progressively increasing responsibility. Minimum three years Supervisory experience and two years International Transportation exposure.
- Good understanding of transportation costs basis for various modes (truckload, LTL, parcel, intermodal, and ocean freight)
- Understanding of supply chain operations that may include: Warehouse, Demand Planning, Customer Service, Sourcing and other Supply Chain Functions
- BA/BS Required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated and a proven track record to drive consistent year-over-year cost saving initiatives and projects.
- Proven experience implementing new processes to elevate the overall Supply Chain performance.
- World class logistics background and experience in leading edge supply chain techniques
- Ability to staff and develop the right capabilities for the organization.
- Proven leadership skills including: Team building, collaborating, accountability, strategic and innovative thinking; a self-starter with a high energy level.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in a distributed organization.
- Strong service orientation and results driven.
- Industry Expert in terms of people, organizations, and functions to build best in class
Air Cargo Latin America – EMPLEOS