- Av. Miguel Alemán 512, El Milagro, 66633 Cd Apodaca, N.L., Mexico
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
For optimal consideration, a cover letter may be included as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should be no longer than one page. Please address why you are a good fit for this specific job posting, and your desired compensation range.
This entry-level position is for a role in Expeditors’ Global Network Management Center, a global solutions-based center of excellence. The GNMC provides support for some of Expeditors largest customers in the aviation, automotive, Pharmaceutical and retail industries, specializing in the oversight of critical logistics shipments, aircraft on ground shipments and other specialized logistics service offerings. The Global Network Management Center team works with a wide variety of suppliers, customers and service providers throughout North America and internationally to deliver real-time transportation and visibility solutions to our customers with exceptional customer service.
The role of a Logistics Coordinator focuses on the execution of our customers’ premium transportation orders from inception through delivery. Your main responsibilities will include receiving, booking and scheduling transportation orders. You will perform critical shipment resolution through a real-time alert-based tracking system and deliver solution-based customer service.
The ideal candidate will immerse themselves in our global network and our development opportunities in order to become expert in the rules, regulations, and practices that govern international freight. Over time, we would expect high-achieving coordinators would leverage this expertise to find ways to add value to the team, whether that be through making suggestions regarding business process, tool design, or some other aspect of the work.
To be successful in this role one must be customer focused, should be able to think creatively about problems and overcoming them, and should have excellent interpersonal skills while delivering exceptional customer service to our customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehend KPIs: Understand “Customer Quality Scores” to ensure value is added to stake holders, internal and external.
- Diligent Execution: Audit customer freight daily, throughout the day, and ensure that we are managing ahead of any foreseeable problems.
- Obsessive Attention to Detail: Review Data Quality daily, and work pro-actively, with follow through, to ensure that customers enjoy elite care.
- Professional Communication: Over-communicate with your team and, if applicable, the customer, to ensure that there is broad visibility to our deep level of commitment to superior customer service.
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain/Logistics, Data Science, Finance, Economics or related field
- One year of work experience in logistics, freight forwarding, or related field
- Qualifications in supply chain management or logistics
- Brokers License
- University/Specialist Certifications
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Vacation – above the legal requirement
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Basic needs vouchers
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid overtime
- Training and Personnel Development Program
- Aguinaldo – above the legal requirement
Air Cargo Latin America – Empleos