What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for establishing and executing the policies and procedures necessary to manage the physical manipulation of cargo within, into, and out of the Hub. Role also ensure that the entire process meets customer and internal requirements and is completed in an organized, efficient and safe manner.
- Manages and coordinates Hub operational activities to ensure the safe, timely and cost effective processing of shipments.
- Implements and directs quality control for all operational areas.
- Directs and ensures compliance with established DHL corporate, hub, gateway or terminal warehouse Hub/Gateway, and airline policies, procedures and standards in accordance with government regulations.
- Establishes and maintains a record keeping system for all Hub operations regarding volume, damages, safety incidents, productivity, etc.
- Communicates with some or all of the following: systems operations control, flight control, maintenance control, facilities maintenance, sort, ramp, airport police, fire and rescue, and US customs, and agriculture to ensure efficient and safe operation of the Hub.
- Oversees the loading and unloading of any of the following: trucks, trailers, air containers, or airline pallets.
- Supervises the identification and segregation of non-conforming and dangerous goods cargo and informs the applicable department according to proper processes and procedures.
- Supervises 15-25 subordinates; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Functional knowledge in handling air cargo and warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of DHL‘s business and core processes to make relevant assessments and recommendations.
- Decision making skills to take clear and prompt decisions within main operational responsibilities.
- Organizational skills to plan and optimize the different operational procedures related to warehouse operations and staffing schedules.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve operational challenges, to guarantee a timely and effective operation, in compliance with the GSOP of the company.
- Surpass the high standards of quality, efficiency, and safety and security with respect to the management of warehouse operation.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including day or night shift, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- High School or GED equivalent and minimum two years of demonstrated supervisory experience required. BS/BA with at least one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a logistics, transportation, warehouse or aviation preferred.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster
Air Cargo Latin America – EMPLEOS