AIT is looking for a self-starter, motivator and team player who is strongly organized and demonstrates effective communication skills both verbally and written to join our AIT team!
The Customer Account Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of, and expanding, the client relationship. In addition, the role will be responsible for customer service (24/7), tracking, routing, problem resolution, vendor compliance, account profitability, and all other assigned projects as dictated by the needs of the client. This role requires excellent organizational and communication skills while working in a high volume and fast paced environment.
What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
1. High visibility role acting as the primary contact for key customers, responsible for the outcome of assigned projects and customized client solutions.
2. Main point of contact for the client supporting all of their logistics needs from beginning to end, including:
- Ability to quote and route freight across multiple transportation channels and services, with a heavy focus on international transportation.
- Track and trace shipments daily
- Able to troubleshoot and overcome operational challenges
- Act as the local point-of-contact for all client inquiries, both operational and sales related
- Provide timely analysis and monitor freight cost metrics
3. Work with multiple decision-makers within the assigned account to drive business development through multiple channels
4. Adhere to TSA and other government regulatory compliance standards with regards to booking, routing of all air, ground and sea cargo
5. Achieve service goals by working with various AIT internal groups to develop, implement and monitor logistic metrics
6. Work with the client on any and all reporting requests
7. Responsible for development and updating SOPs for various business segments
8. All other duties as needed
What We Look for in Teammates:
- A team player who works well with others – being respectful to our teammates is a Core Value!
- A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership, independence, accountability and autonomy in your role.
- Growth mindset – being passionate about your craft, always looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to change and doing things differently.
- Customer service focus – we serve a wide variety of customers, both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of our culture!
Other Skills We Hope to See:
- High school degree or GED, required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Freight Forwarding experience
- Experience with Mexico to USA cross border transportation requirements
- Must have a self-starter mentality and is adaptive and flexible
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Experience working in CargoWise/Warehouse Management System
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel pivots and v-lookups, AS400 experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work autonomously and process oriented
- Must be able to work in a team setting and autonomously to determine resources to meet and exceed company and customer expectations
- Experience in warehouse operations such as cross dock and inventory management.
- Ability to calculate freight rates and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume
What AIT Can Offer You:
- Growing company with a record year in performance that continues to scale!
- Hands-on and passionate CEO who understands the importance of hiring great talent – passionately caring for co-workers is a Core Value!
- Laid-back and open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive compensation package
- Full line-up of benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Volunteer program – it’s also a Core Value – we actively engage in our communities!
About AIT Worldwide Logistics:
AIT Worldwide Logistics is a global freight forwarder that helps its customers grow by expanding access to markets all over the world where they can sell and/or procure raw materials, components and finished goods. For more than 40 years, the Chicago-based supply chain solutions leader has relied on a consultative approach to build a global network and trusted partnerships in nearly every industry, including aerospace, automotive, consumer retail, food, government, healthcare, high-tech, industrial and life sciences. Backed by scalable, user-friendly technology, AIT’s flexible business model customizes door-to-door deliveries via sea, air, ground and rail—on time and on budget. With expert teammates staffing more than 85 worldwide locations in Asia, Europe and North America, AIT’s full-service options also include customs clearance, warehouse management and white glove services
Air Cargo Latin America